Congratulations to our six students who represented Heaton in the 2019 Inter-Schools Artistic Gymnastics Championships. Your individual dedication, training and hard work certainly paid off, and we are incredibly proud of your efforts and enthusiasm.
LEVEL 3 – COMPETITIVE
- Rico R (Room 15): 3rd Place Overall (Floor – 3rd / P-Bar – 3rd / H-Bar – 3rd)
GRADE 1 – RECREATION
- Thomas E (Room 5): 3rd Place – Rings
- Sienna O’B (Room 17): 3rd Place – Beam
- Millie W (Rm 11) – Participation
- Jermaine L (Room 10): 2nd Place Overall (Beam – 2nd / Bars – 1st)
- Alana H (Room 5): 3rd Place – Vault
A big congratulations to all of our competitive and recreation gymnasts, who competed in the 2018 Inter-Schools Artistic and Rhythmic Championships.
Rico R (Level 2 Competitive)
- 1st: Vault
- 1st: P-Bars
- 3rd: Floor
- 3rd: H-Bars
Xavier C (Level 5 Competitive)
- 1st: H-Bars
- 1st: Vault
- 2nd: Floor
- 2nd: P-Bars
Elle-Roze I (Level 6 Competitive)
Natasha F (Level 6 Competitive)
DATES / VENUES / COMPETITION TIMES
Monday 11th June @ Olympia Gym (29 Springs Road):
- National Competitive Boys: Xavier C (Room 5) & Rico R (Room 15): 8:30am warm up for a 9:00am competition start. Competition scheduled to finish at approx. 11:15am
Wednesday 13th June @ ChCh School of Gymnastics (QEII Park, 193 Travis Road)
- Recreational Bronze Grade: Amelia G (Room 21), Mia G (Room 9) and Bella S (Room 4): 11:05am warm up for an 11:25am start. Competition scheduled to finish at approx 1:10pm
Amelia, Mia, and Bella are required to meet Victoria Gibbons at the front office promptly at 10:30am so they can be transported to the venue.
- Recreational Iron and Silver Grades: Nishita G (Room 17), Sienna O’B (Room 17) and Millie W (Room 11): 12:45pm warm up for a 1:15pm start. Competition scheduled to finish at approx. 3:15pm
Sienna, Millie, and Nishita are required to meet at the front office promptly at 12:00pm so they can be transported to the venue. Sienna and Millie will travel with Leigh, and Nishita will travel with her parents. As the competition finishes after 3:00pm, students will not be required to return to school (unless they are being picked up from Heaton)
Students are required to make their own way to/from the venue and must be accompanied by a parent/caregiver to supervise. If you are unable to provide transportation for your son/daughter and cannot supervise them whilst they participate, please contact Tim Evers (email@example.com) before 9:00am on Friday 8th. Alternatively, if you are happy to transport other Heaton students with you, can you please let me know before 9:00am so we can accommodate any student who is having difficulty getting to the venue.
- All personal medication e.g. epipen, ventolin
- Water bottle with healthy snacks
- Heaton PE Kit and leotard (a requirement for National Competitive Grade students)
STUDENT RESOURCES (Programmes, videos of routines, competition rules etc.)
Please ensure you read your event rules carefully and access the student videos so you are up to speed on your event and what is required. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mr Evers.
Elle-Roze rises up to claim gold!
A huge congratulations to Elle-Roze (Room 18) for her brilliant performances to claim our first ever gold in Gymnastics. Competing in the Open Junior Rhythmic class, Elle-Roze led from the first apparatus and never looking back, finishing 5.15 points ahead of her nearest competitor. Well done Elle-Roze!