We would like to recognise the brilliant efforts of our Heaton A Water Polo team at this years Canterbury Water Polo Championships. Our Heaton team produced some absolutely fantastic performances across the two competition days, finishing in 3rd place in the A-Grade Competition. A huge congratulations to all of our players and coach Vanessa for the continued progress and development of this great group of athletes.
TOURNAMENT DATES: Friday 9th and Sunday 11th August
DRAW AND LOCATIONS: Games will be running across two pools (Jellie Park and Taiora QE2). Please check the draw below for specific game venue and timings:
MEETING TIMES: Players are required to meet Vanessa directly at Jellie Park on Friday 9th @ 8:30am. If you are having difficulty with transport organisation, please contact Vanessa and Mr Evers via email
ADDITIONAL TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:
- Games will be 30mins 4×5 Min Quarters. There will Limited warm up time but longer game time
- All of our Friday games will all be held at Jellie Park
- Our Heaton team will also have duty responsibilities throughout the tournament (similar to Monday evenings where 5 players and 1 adult are required)
- Our Team must meet Vanessa poolside 20 minutes before each game and 10 minutes before each duty
- When not competing, students must be wearing their Heaton PE kit over the top of their togs, so they are easily identified throughout the competition
- Medals will be awarded to 1st place teams only in both A and B grades, with Most Valuable Players selected in both grades
- By entering the Canterbury Water Polo Year 7&8 Canterbury Championship parents/caregivers agree to a media release where CWP may use photo’s taken for promotional material in the CWP circles and media platforms. If any of our Heaton parents/caregivers do not consent to the CWP media release, you must contact Tim Evers (email@example.com) before Wednesday 7th August
- Our Heaton A team will be supervised for the duration of the tournament by Vanessa (parent coach), who will be provided with parent contact details, emergency contact details and medical information. During the Friday games at Jellie Park, students will remain at the venue in between games and for the duration of the day. If you need to leave the venue, it must be with your parent/caregiver and this must be communicated with your coach
TEAM LIST (WHO IS TAKING PART?):
- Niamh I (Rm 9)
- Robbie C (Rm 10)
- Eve N (Rm 11)
- Ana W (Rm 14)
- Matilda O (Rm 15)
- Josh F (Rm 16)
- Anika T (Rm 16)
- Dallas I (Rm 17)
- Kate C (Rm 17)
- Zavier T (Rm 18)
Date: Monday 1st July
Meeting Time: Students are required to meet Mr Evers in the hall promptly at 8:20am for the roll. Students can arrive to school in their PE uniform so they are ready for the tournament, and will not require their full school uniform to change into after the tournament has concluded
Transport: Students will be transported to/from the venue in our two Heaton vans. We are however requiring one parent/caregiver helper who can assist in dropping 3-4 student to the venue and bringing them back to school at the conclusion of the tournament. If you can assist in anyway, please contact Tim Evers via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tournament Time: The tournament will run from 9:30am to approx. 2:30pm.
Venue: Cowles Stadium (210 Pages Road)
Cost:Participation in this tournament will incur a cost that will be added to your school account. This cost covers tournament entry fees.
Equipment Requirements: Students are to ensure they are wearing their Heaton PE uniform when they arrive to school and have all of the following equipment:
- All relevant medication e.g. ventolin
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch with plenty of healthy snacks
- Warm jacket and/or tracksuit pants as it will be cold in the stadium when you are not playing
Tournament Organisation (Draw, Rules etc):
I would like to recognise the fantastic efforts from all of our Heaton students who trialled for a weekly winter sport team this year, and our dedicated teachers/coaches who coordinated the sessions. If you are named in a squad, your specific team will be decided over the course of the next week, and this will be communicated to you by your coaches before the first game. If you have been named in a team however no longer wish to take part, or discover that your name has been listed in multiple teams, please email Mr Evers asap (email@example.com) so alterations can be made.
Confirmed 2019 Heaton Teams
Mr Evers is currently in negotiation with some outside sport providers (rugby, netball, yoga, youth-town etc.), so we can offer some specialist sport programmes for students who will be remaining back at school on Tuesday afternoons. Any student who has missed out on selection or who did not register for trials will have the option of signing up for these specific programmes later this week. School sport programmes will also be coordinated during this time for any student who would prefer this option.
As soon as all of our teams are finalised, a blog post will be created that outlines meeting times, equipment requirements, venues, maps, rules, costs etc. so please ensure you check in regularly this week so you are prepared for our start on Tuesday 14th May.
The Mt Huxter’s MTB race mission states that they want to get people riding bikes everyday, and always be happy when on a bike. We think the pictures above support this one hundred percent!
A huge congratulations to all of our Heaton competitors who braved the bitter cold and heavy rain to compete in the 2019 Mt Huxter’s Mountain Bike Challenge. The results of our Heaton athletes can be found below, with the first number indicating their overall placing in an individual or pairs respective races.