The 2019 Inter-Schools Triathlon was a huge success for our Heaton team, which consisted of 12 athletes. All students did an amazing job in very hot conditions, and should be extremely proud of their efforts and achievements.
A special mention must go out to our three students who finished in the top 10 of their age group races:
- Alf M (Room 5): 10th – 35:18 minutes
- Hamish G (Room 10): 4th – 32:24 minutes
- Kate C (Room 15): 9th – 35:21 minutes
A big thank you to Mrs Newton, Mrs Calder, Bek Markham and all caregivers who provided assistance, support and transportation for our Heaton team.
Date: Wednesday 29 November 2019
Venue: Pegasus Town
Reporting & Event Times: Reporting time for participants and marshals is 9:45am, and all competitors must arrive promptly. Due to the high volume of traffic and parking, we would like all Heaton participants to ensure they arrive no later than 9:30am. Race briefing will commence immediately after reporting at 10am. The first race will commence by 10.30am. It is unlikely that any competitors who report late will be accepted for racing.
Collecting Bikes: All bikes must be left in transition until all competitors in all age groups have finished their races.
Cancellation: Any cancellation information will be posted on the P.S.C Website (www.primarysportscanterbury.org.nz). There is no postponement date, so a cancellation will not occur unless the weather conditions are extreme.
Transportation: Caregivers and students have indicated that they can provide transport for their son/daughter both to/from the event. Mr Evers will be providing transport for Michelle (Rm 14), who is required to meet at the Heaton Flagpole by 8:15am
- All Triathlon race equipment i.e. bike, helmet, togs etc.
- Heaton PE Kit with Hat
- Packed lunch with healthy snacks & water bottle
- All relevant medication e.g. ventolin
- Spare clothes
- Sun protection
- Weatherproof jacket (please check the forecast the night before as we have had very wet weather in previous events)
Additional Information (please read carefully):
It was a beautiful sunny winters day for this years Primary/Intermediates Cross Country Championships, held at the Halswell Quarry. Forty Heaton students (20 in each year level) qualified and participated in this event, and represented our school with desire, grit and a fantastic spirit. We are so incredibly proud of your efforts and achievements!
We would also like to recognise the supervision and marshalling support from Mrs Dore, Miss Scott, Josh F and Josh T. Thank you for giving up your time for our athletes.
A special congratulations must go out to our four athletes who finished in the top 10 of their respective races. These students have qualified to represent Canterbury in the Inter-Regional Cross Country Event (IRXC 2019) Phil Costley Shield, where Canterbury will battle it out against Tasman, Wellington and South Canterbury.
Year 7 Girls (188 Competitors)
Lucia I – 9th Place Overall (12:36 minutes)
Year 7 Boys (189 Competitors)
Maxwell A – 6th Place Overall (11:25 minutes)
Year 8 Girls (186 Competitors)
Kate C – 3rd Place Overall (11:36 minutes)
Year 8 Boys (181 Competitors)
Hamish G – 5th Place Overall (11:13 minutes)
Date: Wednesday 19th June (Postponement date: 26th June)
Venue: Halswell Quarry
Supervisors: Mr Evers, Miss Scott (Rm 10), Mrs Newton
Team List (Who is taking part?):
- Morgan C (Room 2) will be running under the name Ashton C (who will be absent)
- Lexie R (Room 9) will be running under the name Kaiyah R (who will be absent)
- Josh D (Room 21) will be running under the name Felix N (who will be absent)
- Jorja S (Room 8) will be running under the name Hannah C (who will be absent)
Meeting Time: All students are required to meet Mr. Evers in the Heaton hall when the 8:40am bell sounds. The team bus will depart promptly at 8:55am so please ensure you are organised.
Event Times (approx):
- Year 7 Girls (3km) – 11:10am start time
- Year 7 Boys (3km) – 11:25am start time
- Year 8 Girls (3km) – 11:40am start time
- Year 8 Boys (3km) – 11:55am start time
Marshalling Assistance: If you are attending the event to watch and support your son/daughter and you are able to assist Mr Evers with marshaling duties, please contact him prior to Friday 14th June (email@example.com). Any support would be greatly appreciated
Cost: Participation in the cross country will incur a cost that covers the return bus trip to Halswell Quarry. This will be added to your school account. If you have questions or concerns please contact our Executive Office, Anne Marie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Maps / Rules / Information:
Equipment Requirements: Please note, no spikes can be used for this event
- Heaton PE Kit
- Packed lunch with sufficient healthy snacks
- Lots of water
- All relevant personal medication e.g. ventolin, epipen
- Tracksuit pants, a weatherproof jacket and warm-over garment top
- Spare shoes
- Plastic bag to transport any wet or muddy clothing
Additional Information: If for any reason you no longer wish to take part or are sick on the day of the event, please email Mr. Evers asap so the opportunity can be offered to another student.
A massive congratulations to all of our Heaton students for their efforts and enthusiasm at the 2019 school cross country. The event was fantastically organised and coordinated by our dedicated Heaton Sport Leaders, who did a superb job both in preparation and on the race day.
The top 10 students in each age group will now compete in the Primary/Intermediate School Cross Country Championships, held at Halswell Quarry on Wednesday 19th June. We would also like to recognise the achievements of those students who finished in the top 3 of their respective races:
Year 7 Boys
- Max A (11:36)
- Hiro F (12:21)
- Isaac S (12:25)
Year 7 Girls
- Lucia I (12:26)
- Ella H (12:41)
- Lara M (13:18)
Year 8 Boys
- Hamish G (11:34)
- Milan M (11:46)
- Korban C (12:00)
Year 8 Girls
- Kate C (12:19)
- Eden N (12:52)
- Kaiyah R (12:56)
- Year 7: 1st (Rhodes 155 points) / 2nd (Elmwood 137 Points) / 3rd (Otahuna 132 Points)
- Year 8: 1st (Tikao 169 points) / 2nd (Lansdowne 161 Points) / 3rd (Purau 116 Points)
Congratulations to all 24 Heaton students who competed brilliantly in the 2019 Inter-Schools Duathlon. There were a record number of participants in this event so competition was at an all time high. We would also like to recognise the notable performances of the following students, who finished in the top 10 of their respective races:
Year 7 Boys
- Josh D (34 minutes 27 seconds) – 8th Overall
Year 8 Boys
- Hamish G (30 minutes 48 seconds) – 8th Overall
- Will H (30 minutes 59 seconds) – 9th Overall
Year 8 Girls
- Kate C (33 minutes 38 seconds) – 10th Overall
For a full results list, please select the following link: 2019 Duathlon Results