We would like to recognise the brilliant efforts of our Heaton A Water Polo team at this years Canterbury Water Polo Championships. Our Heaton team produced some absolutely fantastic performances across the two competition days, finishing in 3rd place in the A-Grade Competition. A huge congratulations to all of our players and coach Vanessa for the continued progress and development of this great group of athletes.
TOURNAMENT DATES: Friday 9th and Sunday 11th August
DRAW AND LOCATIONS: Games will be running across two pools (Jellie Park and Taiora QE2). Please check the draw below for specific game venue and timings:
MEETING TIMES: Players are required to meet Vanessa directly at Jellie Park on Friday 9th @ 8:30am. If you are having difficulty with transport organisation, please contact Vanessa and Mr Evers via email
ADDITIONAL TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:
- Games will be 30mins 4×5 Min Quarters. There will Limited warm up time but longer game time
- All of our Friday games will all be held at Jellie Park
- Our Heaton team will also have duty responsibilities throughout the tournament (similar to Monday evenings where 5 players and 1 adult are required)
- Our Team must meet Vanessa poolside 20 minutes before each game and 10 minutes before each duty
- When not competing, students must be wearing their Heaton PE kit over the top of their togs, so they are easily identified throughout the competition
- Medals will be awarded to 1st place teams only in both A and B grades, with Most Valuable Players selected in both grades
- By entering the Canterbury Water Polo Year 7&8 Canterbury Championship parents/caregivers agree to a media release where CWP may use photo’s taken for promotional material in the CWP circles and media platforms. If any of our Heaton parents/caregivers do not consent to the CWP media release, you must contact Tim Evers (email@example.com) before Wednesday 7th August
- Our Heaton A team will be supervised for the duration of the tournament by Vanessa (parent coach), who will be provided with parent contact details, emergency contact details and medical information. During the Friday games at Jellie Park, students will remain at the venue in between games and for the duration of the day. If you need to leave the venue, it must be with your parent/caregiver and this must be communicated with your coach
TEAM LIST (WHO IS TAKING PART?):
- Niamh I (Rm 9)
- Robbie C (Rm 10)
- Eve N (Rm 11)
- Ana W (Rm 14)
- Matilda O (Rm 15)
- Josh F (Rm 16)
- Anika T (Rm 16)
- Dallas I (Rm 17)
- Kate C (Rm 17)
- Zavier T (Rm 18)
Please access the following links below to check the team that you will be playing for this term. There have been some team changes in both the full pool and half pool competitions, so please ensure you check the information below carefully.
All weekly results and draws are posted on the Canterbury Water Polo website: www.canterburywaterpolo.org.nz and will be advertised in the school daily notices. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they check the weekly draw and be poolside at least 15 minutes prior to your game start time so you can meet your coaches.
Where possible please arrive to games wearing your Heaton PE shirt over the top of your togs, so you are easily recognisable for your coaches.
If you are unable to attend a game, please communicate this with Mr Evers via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Vanessa (Heaton A Team). This way we can ensure we have sufficient numbers for each game, and can organise replacement players if required.
Monday Night Competition Dates (8 Games Total):
- 29th July
- 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th August
- 2nd, 9th and 16th September
Friday Night Competition Dates (7 Games Total)
- 2nd, 16th & 30th August
- 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th September
With five water polo teams competing this term, interest at Heaton is at an all time high. A big thank to Vanessa and our ex Heaton students (Lucy, Isaac, Alex and Caleb), who have taken on coaching responsibilities and are sharing their expertise and passion with our Heaton teams.
Best of luck for the next six weeks students and have fun!
A big thank you to all 18 students for registering their interest and trialing for the full pool competition. Your efforts were outstanding, and we look forward to watching you all develop this term. Please access the link below to see your term one teams.
- Monday 18th and 25th February
- Monday 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th March
- Monday 1st April
All weekly results and draws are posted on the Canterbury Water Polo website: www.canterburywaterpolo.org.nz and will be advertised in the school daily notices.
It is the responsibility of students to ensure they check the weekly draw and be poolside at least 15 minutes prior to your game start time so you can meet your coaches (Heaton A: Vanessa / Heaton B: Isaac & Caleb). If you are unable to attend a game, can Heaton A please communicate this with Vanessa via email (email@example.com) the day before, and can Heaton B please communicate this with Mr Evers via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
N.B. The changing rooms at Jellie Park are being renovated. CWP have kindly asked all students to arrive at the pool with your togs already on underneath. Thank you for your support with this request.
Have a great term and give it heaps!
The Heaton A Water Polo team has made some brilliant improvements this year under the guidance of their coach Vanessa. With a core group of players that mixed with new students each term, the team went from strength to strength.
The final game of the season ended with an amazing 6-2 win against St Joseph, and Heaton finished the Term 4 B Grade Competition in 3rd place. What an amazing achievement of a team that has progressed so far this year, and that has all the tools and qualities to have an excellent campaign in 2019.
A huge thank you to Vanessa for giving up her time to work with our students and share her expertise.