Weekly Winter Sport Competition Information 2019
- 14th, 21st, 28th May
- 4th, 11th, 18th 25th June
- 2nd, 23rd, 30th July
- 6th, 13th August
GAME TIMES: Games are played between 1:30pm – 2:30pm
CODE OF CONDUCT: Our school is very fortunate to have the help of many dedicated community members and teachers who are giving up their time to train and coach our teams. Representing Heaton in any inter-school competition is a privilege. We have an expectation that students reflect our school values, and that their behaviour both during school, and in the wider community is respectful and positive. All participants in the winter sport competition must read and follow our sport code of conduct:
SPORT SAFETY POLICY:
SPORTS DRAWS: Coaches, students and parents can access weekly draws using the following link:
HEATON TEAMS: We would like to recognise the fantastic efforts from all students who trialled for a Heaton team this year. If you are named in a squad, your specific team will be decided over the course of the next week, and this will be communicated to you by your coaches. If you no longer wish to take part, or discover that your name has been listed in multiple teams, please email Mr Evers (firstname.lastname@example.org) so alterations can be made asap.
INJURIES: If you are injured, you will still travel with your Hagley Sport team on Tuesdays to support and help your coaches.
EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS: Students must ensure they have their PE Kit / Sports Uniform, appropriate footwear/boots, specialised sports equipment (shin pads, mouth guards, squash glasses, racquets, table tennis bats etc.) and a water bottle. It is your personal responsibility to ensure you have all the correct equipment so please pack the night before. Students must also ensure they have all relevant personal medication e.g. epipen, ventolin.
Heaton Hockey, Football and Rugby players must wear plain yellow socks as part of their uniform. These can be purchased at the school canteen for $12.00 or are available at any sports shop. Please see Mr Evers if you have any questions or concerns.
- Hockey – Nunweek Park
- Netball – South Hagley Netball Courts
- Rugby – South Hagley Rugby Fields (Off Deans Ave)
- Girls Football – South Hagley Park (Off Deans Ave)
- Boys Football – South Hagley & Hospital Corner
- Squash – Squashways (Matipo St)
- Table Tennis – Table Tennis Stadium (294 Blenheim Rd)
- Badminton – Zhu Badminton Centre
PITCH MAPS AND COACH/COMMUNITY RESOURCES:
- Netball Court Map – Hagley Park
- Football – North Hagley and Carlton Corner Map – 2019
- Football and Field Hockey – Hospital Corner 2019
- Football and Rugby – South Hagley Map 2019
- Hockey Map (Nunweek Park) 2019
- Rapid Rugby Field Layout
- Bus Letter 2019 (Coaches please read carefully)
GAME RULES: Coaches and players have a responsibility to access the following document to read your sport information, so that you are aware of the rules and specific requirements:
MEETING TIMES & ORGANISATION: During the winter sport season, lunch will begin at 12:20pm on Tuesday afternoons. Students are to go to their designated house area when the bell sounds, and must sit down to eat their lunch. After lunch at 12:40pm, students are required to meet their teachers/coaches in their designated area. Please ensure you sit down in your teams quietly so you can be registered, as our buses will depart promptly at 12:55pm. Sporting groups are to meet at the following locations:
- Football (Boys) – Hall Quad
- Hockey – Hall
- Rugby and Girls Football – Flagpole
- Netball – Grass Area behind the PE shed
- Table Tennis / Squash / Badminton – PAC Steps
Please note: As the Table Tennis / Squash / Badminton bus has multiple drop off points, your bus will arrive at 12:40pm. Students in these sports must ensure they are very prompt and organised.
- Boys Football – All on one big bus
- Netball – Split amongst two 45 seater buses
- Rugby & Girls Football – All on one big bus
- Hockey – Split amongst two 37 seater buses
- Squash / Table Tennis / Badminton – All on one big bus
MEDICAL KITS: Coaches must collect their sport / team medical kit from the front office, and keep this for the duration of the winter sport season. Please see Marg or Sue to replenish any supplies that are used. Basic first aid equipment e.g. ice packs, will be available for Heaton students during their matches.
PARTICIPATION COST: Participation in a Heaton weekly winter sport team will incur a cost that covers transportation, and this will be added to your school account. Payments for Winter Sport must be made by the 5th game of the season (11th June). If you require any clarification regarding this process, please email our Executive Officer, Anne-Marie Grigg (email@example.com)
CANCELLATIONS: The Sports Director, in conjunction with the ChCh City Council will make any decisions regarding cancellations due to weather or pitch / court conditions. These decisions will be make by 11:30am, and any information will be communicated to students and their parents/caregivers via the Heaton App and the Heaton Daily Notices. Please be aware that Squash, Table Tennis and badminton will continue regardless of cancellations as these are all indoor venues. If a cancellation is made due to ground conditions only, Nunweek Park Hockey and Netball will continue.
LANGUAGE LESSONS: If you attend Language tuition and this clashes with a scheduled training session, you must notify your coach. Language lessons will take priority, as an alternate time or training with a different Heaton team will be possible.
TRAINING SESSIONS: As outlined in our Sport Code of Conduct (see above), we have an expectation that students shoe commitment to their team by attending weekly training sessions. Coaches will be taking attendance registers this year. If you are unable to make a particular training sessions you must communicate this with your coach in person or via email.
Primary Sports Canterbury App:
Yr. 8 Term One Summer Weekly Sport 2018
- Dates: Tuesday 13th February – Tuesday 27th March 2018 (7 x competition weeks)
- Game Times: Games are played from 1:30pm – 2:15pm each week
- Venue: South Hagley Park
- Student Expectations / Behaviour: All players must follow our school code of conduct: Heaton Sport Code of Conduct (CARE)
- Competition Draws: Coaches, parents and students can access weekly draws via the ‘Sports Draws’ tab on our Heaton Sport Blog.
- Training Sessions: It is an expectation that our students attend their weekly training sessions. If you are unable to attend for any reason, this must be communicated with your coach. All training session information (date, times, equipment requirements) will be advertised in our school daily notices, accessible via the Heaton website.
- Meeting Times/Locations: All students are to eat lunch in their house groups, and then meet their coaches at 12:45pm in the following locations: Boys/Girls Cricket (Hall Quad), Softball, Touch, Futsal, Volleyball (Hall). Please ensure you line up in your sport groups quickly and quietly, so the register can be marked and we can depart school on time. Can coaches please ensure they leave a photocopy of your register with Sue at reception, so we can monitor which students are offsite.
- Bus Organisation:
- All Volleyball students will be on 1 x 45 seater coach
- All Futsal students will be on 1 x 45 seater coach
- Boys Cricket and Softball Students will share the 49 seater coach
- All Touch players will be on 1 x 45 seater coach
- Teachers Allocation/Supervision:
- Softball: Ms Green & Mr Greaves
- Boys Cricket: Mr Evers
- Girls Cricket: Mrs Edge
- Touch: Miss Just & Mr Phanpho
- Futsal: Mr Naidoo, Miss Clarkson & Mrs Smeele
- Volleyball: Mr Cooper & Mrs Earl
- Confirmed Heaton Teams / Squads:
- Heaton Softball Teams
- Heaton Touch Teams
- Heaton Boys & Girls Cricket Teams
- Heaton Volleyball Squad (Specific Teams to be identified on Tuesday 13th)
- Heaton Futsal Squad (Specific teams to be identified on Tuesday 13th)
- Heaton Sport Safety Policy: Heaton Safety Policy for School & Representative Sport
- Medical Kits: Coaches must collect their sport/team medical kit from the front office, and they can keep this for the duration of the summer sport season. Please see Marg or Sue to replenish any supplies that are used. Basic first aid equipment and ice packs will be available for Heaton students during their matches.
- Results: Can coaches please keep a copy of all scores and add these to the document at reception when you return to Heaton. We add our sport scores to the school newsletter, and have to input these to P.S.C within 24 hours, so your assistance is greatly appreciated.
- Equipment Requirements: Students must ensure they have their PE Kit / Sports Uniform (including Heaton hat), appropriate footwear/boots, specialised sports equipment (pads, bat, gloves etc.) and a water bottle. It is your personal responsibility to ensure you have all the correct equipment so please be organised.
- Cancellations: The PSC Sports Director, in conjunction with the ChCh City Council will make any decisions regarding cancellations due to weather or pitch/court conditions. These decisions will be make by 11:30am, and any information will be updated to the blog and the school daily notices.
- Costing: Participation in a Heaton team will involve a cost and this will be added to your school account. If you require any clarification regarding this process, please contact our Executive Officer, Anne-Marie Grigg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Resources for Coaches, Players and Supporters:
Parental Involvement and Help
Community involvement in our sports programme is crucial to its success and allows us to offer many more opportunities for our students. If you are interested or experienced in a particular sport and you would like to get involved, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact Mr Evers via e-mail (email@example.com).